Video Study Guide: Earth Revealed
Episode 19: Running Water – Erosion and Deposition
Read the questions first. Then answer them while watching this episode of "Earth Revealed". If you miss it in class you are still responsible for the viewing this segment and answering the questions. The video is available online at http://www.learner.org/vod/video.html?sid=78&po=19.
The index for these programs is online at
http://www.learner.org/resources/series78.html#. If you do not have an internet connection at home, view it after school or during study hall in the media center. Each segment is 30 minutes long.
- What 3 things do all streams do?
- What is one important factor in how rivers shape the land?
- What factors can cause a river's velocity to increase?
- What is discharge?
- What are the 3 erosional processes of rivers?
- What factors affect sediment transport?
- What are river bars?
- Describe a meander point bar and cut bank.
- How often do most streams flood?
- What is a floodplain, and what does a river store there?
- How do streams work to maintain equilibrium?
- What happens at "Red Eye Crossing" when water levels fluctuate?
- What geologic factors contribute to the evolution of river systems?