Chapter 22 The Sun
Things you should know for the quiz.
- What is the relative size of the sun compared to Earth?
- What are the two elements found in the sun?
- What type of nuclear reaction is occurring in the sun? How is it taking place?
- What are the six layers of the sun? What layers are the suns atmosphere?
- Know the characteristics and/or features of all the layers of the sun. Which can you see
- How does temperature change from the interior of the sun to its surface? Is there
- What is unique about the suns rotation?
- What are sunspots? What is else is linked to sunspot production? How frequently do they
- Describe the differences between solar flares, prominences, and coronal mass ejections
- What are auroras? How are they produced?
- Name several ways the Suns storms can produce changes on Earth.